Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Still Four Even if I'm Late in Posting on it


Veronica turned four in January. And like a broken record from most parent's mouths, "I can't believe she's already four." Okay, there I said it and now move on. She's a pretty spectacular girl and life would be far more boring without her little phrases, asking for mama to tell yet another story, and talking about food, "I think eating is nice!" Girl after my own heart.

She shares a birthday with both my brothers. The night before she was born I showed no progress and my younger brother Andrew called to see if a baby would be born on his birthday (which was the next day)? I said, "Nope!" After hanging up I headed to bed and sure enough...water broke and on toward the hospital due to testing positive for strep B. I called Andrew back and said, "Looks like I'm wrong and your niece or nephew will be sharing a birthday with you after all." Sidenote: This year my good friend Tina gave birth to her firstborn on V's birthday, so that means quite a bit of birthday action.


We hung the birthday banner and Veronica decided upon her floofy pink dress to wear. She is all girl who delighted in see her birthday morning surprise...


BALLOONS!!!



I made some homemade sourdough doughnuts for a birthday treat (surprisingly didn't leave a gut bomb--an ode to sourdough).




A little birthday celebration and I made my specialty, Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes (this time gluten-free and yes, they tasted superb).



Sisterly love while opening presents, could it get any more cute?




Dear Veronica--

Next to your sister, you tie for the best gift I've ever been given. I'm amazed at the beauty of your heart. Your ability to dream big, to live a world that is full of possibilities and imagination. I pray that you would hold tight to that world and let go of anxiety & worry that so easily entangles. That you would dance with abandon forever. That your rest would be in knowing you are delighted in and Jesus sings over you as you dance with that abandon. Your love of good things, eating yummy food, telling & listening to stories, considering your sister and others by generously giving, wanting to be a helpmate to your family, and asking for seconds on tickles.
My sweet sweet little girl, I'm blown away by how far you've come in this world, and you're only four. You have so much more to conquer and learn. You have one of the biggest hearts I've ever seen. I'm proud to be able to call you my daughter. I've grown and become a better person because of you. You've taught me how to love more adequately and graciously. You've given me opportunity to practice patience and model it to you. I'm forever grateful & smitten. I adore you Veronica Storey! God knew what was he was doing when he created you...with your luxurious curls, big chocolate brown eyes full of expression, slight dimples & beautiful inside & out.

Love that older lady you call Mama

No comments: