Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

What a Daddy!


It must be said that I married one of the best men out there. I know, you're thinking, "well, my husband is the best," and I guess we can agree to disagree (but that's a good thing). I saw this picture and realized I didn't post it. It was from the first snow in B'ham. Afterward, Veronica thought it a good idea to get warm & cozy by the fire. So daddy sat down (after being outside with the girls playing in the snow) to read some books with them.

I love this man so much. He is truly that person who everyone loves when they meet him. Incredibly congenial, very diplomatic, harmonious, has such high integrity & work ethic, adds humor to life, tirelessly serves his family of girls, and treats me SO very well. He's a gracious individual and I am constantly impressed with how loving he is to any & all he meets.

His name at Camp Berachah (where we met) was G-Bear. It was decided that he was like the character Gentle Ben, who was a Bear; hence, he was Gentle Bear. There's a picture hanging in our home of a little girl walking along a river holding onto a bear. It's very fairytale-esque. When Ben and I saw it in an art shop many years ago, we both loved it. Without saying a word why I loved it, I asked him why first. He said, "well, it reminds me of...us! Like I'm the bear & you're the little girl." That's what I thought. The bear was gentle & safe enough to walk alongside. And that's Ben. He's gentle, gracious & loving. The girls know this too. So when he barks--it comes as a surprise (right!), because it's so rare.

When I was a freshman in college, I dreamed of having my own family and allowing God to come in to redeem my past. I never thought I would have this wonderful:)

1 comment:

Aaron Sherwood said...

Oh, I love Ben too! That was so sweet Kamille. You and Ben make God smile :-) What a perfect pair.
-Lucy