Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So There's This Girl...

...who's middle name is Storey. And little did we know when she was in the womb baking it up, that she would live up to that middle name in fullness. Not just fullness in that small type of fullness way you're thinking, but fullness in that all-encompassing type of mannerism.


As I've mentioned before (and I'll say it again), she is a very demonstrative person, which plays out in temper tantrums, happiness, life's pleasures, and storytelling. As I watch her overreact to me shutting the door without asking if she wanted to do it, or use "big hands" while telling a story, I am more convinced that this child shares DNA with me. Not only do these observations clue me in, but her ability to hear a story, song, or conversation once or twice, then be able to repeat it. This little girl brings us an insurmountable amount of laughter & delight each day, which you can see in the retelling of Kevin Henkes' 'Owen.'





And she doesn't let a little dirt and rocks get in the way of dressing pretty, which is another thing I love about this little girl.

3 comments:

just4ann said...

I love how she recites the story and so that I could read along I pulled up Owen. It is so funny how she gets so animated with her story telling.

Lindsey said...

I love, love, love the dress/dirt combination.

Amber said...

hahaha. i can hardly understand a word she says! what a cute pumpkin! i miss those monkeys. :)