Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Naptime




Okay, so it's 3:14 in the afternoon and I put the girls down for a nap around 1:45. Veronica is still awake and I'm getting a little tired of this game. In the past five days alone, her nap record is 3:2 (no nap:nap). Now, she's gotten to the point where she thinks five minutes of laying her head on the pillow is good enough.

The thing about it that drives me a bit bonkers is her talking. The girl never stops talking. Seriously! If I were to follow her with a recorder from rise to sleep, we could easily run out of tape more than a few times. It's hard as the girls share a room and Veronica is talking while keeping Cadence awake. Of course, it's not all Veronica's fault, because I know I hear both of them on certain days being chatter monkeys. However, on days like today when I hear the door open I don't know how many times (she's wondering if it's time to wake up) and then to find Cadence standing in her crib, rubbing her eyes and an overly exhausted Veronica. Oh Lord save me!

I know she's hitting the stage where naps can become obsolete; however, I'm not thinking that is true for her. Because whenever she doesn't get a nap, she is SUPER crank pants by 3:30 or 4:00 and then bedtime is near impossible when it comes to the semi-reasoning you can do for a three year old. But you throw in the no nap and wake up at 6:00 and that's one long day. I'm thinking of checking myself into a mental institution about now.

Well, thanks for reading my spill session and I promise the next time I post I will write about my undying love & adoration of this same girl. As I'm sure an hour from now I'll be over it. Back to the trenches I go:)

2 comments:

Paige said...

Ah, that's rough! I can see how both girls napping in the same room would be hard. Hmmm. Sorry, I don't know what to say other than I feel for ya!

Jeff Timberwolf said...

Paige--thanks for the sympathy. Today is much better with both girls in Dreamland. kamille