Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

On Sleeping in a Bed

Veronica is successfully sleeping in her bed; however, it is quite the adventure. Our first experience was...well...a bit trying on mommy & daddy as she cried & cried. Now she's realized that it might be a little "fun" to be in her room alone (do you think she's up to no good?).

Last night was her first night to sleep in her bed (whereas she had been only sleeping there for naps). I put her in her bed and explained that she needed to stay in her bed, which I know she understood. I left her room to let her go to sleep and went downstairs to listen on the monitor. I heard a bit of talking and it began to sound like her voice was echoing. I thought I should go up to see what was happening, because maybe she was out in the hallway. Then, I heard a crash of some sort go down the stairs. I went up, because she has taken to tossing things down the stairs lately, which is what she had done. As I got to the stairs I heard little feet scurry to her bed (where she was suppose to be). I reminded her of where she was suppose to be and eventually she stayed there the rest of the night.

This morning Veronica woke up around 6am trying to open the door, but she couldn't open it. I was still in bed and we don't wake up at that time and she needed to go back to bed. She did eventually go back to sleep. Later on (7:30ish), Ben told me that he wanted to go and peek on her asleep in her bed, because he had never seen her asleep in her bed. He didn't want to wake her up. I told him to go ahead and peek in. When Ben came back to our room he told me to go look at her. Here is what we saw.

Sweet little girl on the floor instead of her bed.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

What a sweetie! I hope you save all these stories from your blog. I know she'd love to read them when she's older.

amy said...

I am glad you have nice soft carpet! And that she was wise enough to bring blankets down with her. Little sweetie.

John and Sarah Pell said...

Parenting is such an adventure. How cute is she??!!

KAMILLE said...

Jenny--that's a great idea of keeping the blog stories.

Amy--I agree with her being wise enough to bring a blanket. She's a bit funny b/c she likes sleeping on top of blankets, but not them on top of her.

Sarah--Yes, just when I think we're riding on flat surface we hit another big hill (or mountain). Thanks!

Derrick Scheid said...

oh my....she looks like she partied a little too hard that night.... Yay, Veronica, for being able to sleep ANYWHERE!!! -biz

KAMILLE said...

Biz--I know, maybe she is realizing that mommy always slept anywhere and she can follow suit.

a.a. said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! the little monkey's all tuckered out! :)

Anonymous said...

just like her mommy. I would find you in some of the most unusual places asleep. This pic is just too cute....mom

Paige said...

I love it! That is such a great moment you captured.