Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

More thoughts on Pregnancy


23 weeks pregnant

Just a little update on being pregnant with Baby Scellick #2, since I don't have much time to think about it with a little girl to keep up with on a daily basis.
I'm feeling pretty well for the most part, aside from the occasional backache or fatigue. My belly is growing, which is a good sign of pregnancy. I'm 24 weeks along and we're still planning on having a home birth (praying that everything will continue to go well).

24 1/2 weeks

We've been telling Veronica that she's going to be a big sister and the baby brother or sister is in mama's belly. I have been pointing to my belly and say, "there's a baby inside--baby!" Then she repeats, "Baby?" We have also been teaching her how to be a comforting and nurturing older sister by practicing on her baby doll. It's so very sweet to see her kiss the baby and put the baby between her head and shoulder, as if she's rocking it like mothers do. She'll bring the baby to me and I make a crying sound and comfort the baby. She wants to repeat what I do. So precious! I obviously have no idea how she'll react, but I like to stay optimistic and think that she'll do pretty darn amazing.

2 comments:

aun mimi said...

Haha. When we were at the Mall, Veronica touched my belly and said "Baby"!!!! Hahaha. I told her there wasn't a baby in there... Aun Mimi is just fat... haha. That's when we figured you were teaching her that there was a baby in your belly. :) Such a smart girl. She kept trying to pull up my shirt and touch my belly. :)

KAMILLE said...

That's so funny--I read this aloud to Ben and he laughed hard.