Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Daddy's Girl

I think it's okay for me to use the word "always" when I refer to little V preferring me over anyone else in the world...that is until recently. She has taken more notice of the taller, older man that leaves the house before she wakes up and comes back around five o'clock--we like to call him, "daddy or papa," or I call him Ben. It is very sweet and endearing for me to watch how she is really loving to be with her daddy. Many evenings before papa comes home she instinctively knows his return is near. She'll go to the door and try to open the handle, while saying, "dada?" This is one of my current favorite pictures of my two favorite people.


One thing little really loves about G&G's house is all the new toys she gets to play with while she's there. Grandma is so good to have the toys in their baskets awaiting a little girl to pull them out and throw them EVERYWHERE. She has always enjoyed the little plastic purse, which has the biggest lipstick anyone has ever seen (of course it's not real). Here she is putting it on her lips, some of it went on her nose. I guess that's what happens when it's so HUGE.

When people see V & me they typically ask who she looks like most, mainly b/c they can't see the resemblance between the two of us. Many people say, "oh, she looks like her dad." However, I was just looking at some photos of me when I was her age and we have many resemblances and I think this photo shows some of them. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it.

Another thing little likes about G&G's house is Grandpa giving her sweet things that mommy normally doesn't give her. She had her first s'more and of course loved every bit of it. She ended up opening the graham cracker to pull out the chocolate (she's SO my daughter). Needless to say, she went to bed a whole hour later that night, b/c she was running around the house on a sugar high.

She likes corn and I thought this picture would be a fun one. I wondered if V would try and bite the corn on the cob I had in my mouth. Here's the outcome...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cannot get over the cuteness that abounds. She is growing up so fast. I cannot wait to spend time with all of you. This time it will be harder for me to leave. Love Mom

Jenny said...

The corn! I love the corn! I really do think she looks like you, more so as she grows. I think she looks like Ben in the eyes, though. But man, where did she get that HAIR that I love so much? I'm just now remembering a picture of you w/your brothers and I'm thinking they have curly hair. I'm thinking I've answered my own question. Nonetheless, she looks like Veronica and she looks joyful and joy-bringing.

a.a. said...

i LOVE that V has a smile on her face in the corn picture. Even SHE knows it's silly.