Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bittersweet

Pregnancy update:

On Sunday evening before going to bed I noticed I was bleeding, which caught me a little off guard. I told Ben to get the pager # for the midwives and they called me back quickly. She said since it was light and wasn't accompanied with cramping she wasn't concerned. In fact, she said many women bleed in pregnancy & it's normally no cause for concern. I also bled while pregnant with Veronica.

Well that was all of the bleeding until I woke up this morning and there was a little bit more, so I thought I would call again with my uneasiness. Now if you read my previous post you know that we didn't hear a heartbeat on my appointment last Thursday. So I'm thinking that either I want an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay or to try again to use the doppler to hear a heartbeat.

I went in today and my midwife put the doppler on my belly and sure enough I could hear the rapid swooshing sound of the baby's heartbeat. It was like 150 beats. I was already to get Veronica when Ben showed up, but she was kind enough to do it again so Ben could hear the baby's heartbeat. It was great to hear that little person inside doing well. We are both thankful for this new life and look forward to meeting him or her in 6 months.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Praise The Lord! Isn't it so exciting to hear that little heart racing.

How are you liking the midwives so far? I know it's hard to really know as you've only had one or two visits but I'm sure you'll love them. I sure did!