Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Growing up in Yuma

This place is part of my first memories, which is where my parents owned a mattress & bedding store called Dreamland Bedding. I took Ben on a tour around Yuma of some of my highlights as a kid. What was once a place where I spent most of my childhood has definitely become a hole in the wall. It was here that I learned how to ride a bike, do flips on a bed, and other nonsensical childlike enjoyments.


This was Dreamland Bedding, home of the Willy & Kamille commercials.


This is where I learned how to ride a bike for the first time.


This was all new when I saw it (along with the picture below). It used to be a large vacant dirt lot, where Willy would go dumpster diving and I would play with the children who were cooped up inside a fenced playground with the nearby daycare.

No comments: