Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Discoveries

As a parent I am truly amazed at how a child can receive so much satisfaction by making their parents proud, especially when it revolves around a little girl correctly copying various things her parents do on a daily basis (reminds me that we need to be vigilant about not modeling behavior we don't want her to hold).


Little is constantly exploring this world by how it works and what her role is in all of it. Daily I learn as a mom by watching her and how she learns. I know by nature I'm anxiety prone, but I have been working on daily trusting God with her (along with not reading so much developmental literature) and I have come to realize how she learns and does things differently from the next child.

I have come to appreciate those little things she does do and who she is as a person--and it has really made a huge difference in the way I even see myself as a parent. Here are a couple things she has been doing lately that we think are too cute for words:

1. She loves to play peek-a-boo, in fact, she's a habitual peek-a-booer! She does it first thing upon rising, when driving in the car, and even when she's having a meltdown; then, out of nowhere decides to give herself a break by covering her eyes to play.


2. Clapping: I will say to Veronica, "clap your hands!" and she starts clapping away. We have recently enrolled in a mommy & baby dance class where most of the kids are at least a year older than Nica, but after every activity they say, "Yea!" and she beams up and claps with everyone else. I think she is proud to know that she's participating with the older children.


3. Kissing: Whenever we say, "Veronica give me a kiss," she'll open her mouth and move in for a big sloppy kiss (she hasn't learned that we don't slip tongues to everyone). She just recently learned how to blow kisses (well kind of). It's more like kissing her hand and moving her hand towards the person she's giving the kiss to as a gift.

4. Lastly, she is getting more mobile everyday. She loves walking around furniture or holding onto our hands while walking. She will play the "I can't really do this unless your right by my side mommy" card, even though she can totally do it on her own.


She's growing up daily and we think (and know) how cute she is to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is just growing up so fast. It seems like just yesterday that she was born. Time flys by so fast! I cannot wait to see her! Love Nana